Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
were held for ransom by armed guards, often threatened and sometimes beaten. Although
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Atlanta Falcons Jerseys . - Gary Kubiak was all set to stay in Baltimore, where hed had a terrific comeback as the Ravens offensive co-ordinator after getting fired from his head coaching job in Houston the year before.He turned down opportunities to interview for the head coaching vacancies with the Bears and Jets, and planned a vacation with his wife, Rhonda.Then, his cellphone buzzed.It was John Elway.Cancel the sand and the surf.Pack the skis instead.It was just a game-changer, Kubiak said Tuesday after being introduced as the 15th head coach of the Denver Broncos, where he spent 13 seasons either backing up Elway at quarterback or drawing up blueprints as his offensive co-ordinator.This place is special for me Kubiak said.And Kubiak held a hallmark spot in Elways plans after the Broncos general manager parted with John Fox a day after Denvers dismal showing in a 24-13 playoff loss to Indianapolis.He was at the top of the list, no question, Elway said, stressing, in my mind there is not a better guy to take over the Denver Broncos.Kubiak isnt fixing a 4-12 jalopy with high draft picks and low expectations but rather a 12-4 team that featured an NFL-high 11 Pro Bowlers. Yet, this team showed a striking lack of fire in that playoff loss to the Colts two weeks ago when the mantra all year was about atoning for that 35-point loss to Seattle in last years Super Bowl.Kubiak steps into a pressure cooker where Elway reiterated its always Super Bowl or bust, and where Foxs 49-22 record wasnt nearly good enough.Kubiak, who said his health scare in 2013 taught him to rely more on those around him, didnt flinch.Thats what I want to be a part of, Kubiak said, noting he thrived in that environment of high expectations as a player from 1983-91 and then serving on Mike Shanahans staff from 1995-2005, coaching the Texans from 2006-13 and assisting the Ravens last year.If youre working in this business, thats the opportunity you want, to win a championship. You want to be around people where thats the way they go about business, Kubiak said. So, I see that as a plus and thats something that I welcome and I look forward to.So, Kubiak, 53, is once again Elways No. 2.Believe me, he is the boss, Kubiak said. Thats all right. I want to coach.When it comes to football philosophies, Elway and Kubiak are kindred spirits, though.Johns the most competitive human being Ive ever been around, whether youre playing cards or pingpong, it doesnt matter, Kubiak said. I think Im very competitive, too. Thats probably why were still standing in this league because if youre not, youre not going to hang out for very long.I know what Gary Kubiak is about, Elway said. Ive had the pleasure of knowing him for 30 years, had a chance to play with him and play for him. I know his philosophies and I know what he can do. I know his goals are the same as mine and thats to win — and to win world championships.Thats something the Broncos havent done since Elway was QB and Kubiak was his offensive co-ordinator in 1998, when Denver won its second straight Super Bowl title.The big question now is will Kubiak be calling plays in 2015 for Peyton Manning or Brock Osweiler?Manning is mulling retirement after a difficult stretch run marred by a thigh injury and a dismal playoff performance.Kubiaks offensive philosophies are rooted in Bill Walshs West Coast system featuring the zone-blocking schemes that the Broncos fine-tuned in the 1990s and 2000s. But he said hes also one to adapt to his players strengths.Kubiak, who was unsuccessful in his attempt to talk Elway into putting off retirement in 1999, said hes spoken with Manning and plans to meet with him when things slow down. He said he would welcome back the five-time MVP, who turns 39 in March, and would mesh his offensive ideas with Mannings style.The offence Peyton runs, hes tremendous at it, back there in the gun controlling the game, controlling the line of scrimmage. Nobody has ever done it better and hes the master at it, Kubiak said. Actually, Im looking forward to learning that style and that system that he has.Were going to do what our team does best and what our players do best, and if Peyton Mannings playing, thats what he does best.Notes: Kubiak hired Joe DeCamillis as special teams co-ordinator. Coaches expected to stay on staff are: Tyke Tolbert (receivers), Eric Studesville (running backs), Luke Richesson (strength & conditioning) and Clancy Barone (from tight ends to O-line). Kubiak is expected to bring Rick Dennison (offensive co-ordinator) and Brian Pariani (tight ends) with him from Baltimore.___AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Ito Smith Falcons Jersey . Berkman almost left the game last off-season before signing with the Texas Rangers. He then had another injury-plagued season and was limited to 73 games. Deadrin Senat Falcons Jersey . Scotlands Greg Laidlaw made one of two penalty kicks and all three conversions, and Stuart Hogg added a try in the second half. "The most important thing to come out of the game is that we did not get scored against," Laidlaw said. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcon...el-Jersey/ . scored 18 of his career- high 28 points in the first half, as fifth-ranked Ohio State dominated No.MIAMI - The convicted ringleader of a smuggling organization that brought more than 1,000 Cubans into the U.S., some of them baseball players including Texas Rangers outfielder Leonys Martin, was sentenced Monday to more than 14 years in federal prison.U.S. District Judge Joan Lenard rejected a request for leniency by Eliezer Lazo, whom she noted was paid $22,000 a month through the scheme — not counting the percentages of any professional baseball contracts the players signed. Prosecutors say Martin paid the Lazo group $1.2 million after signing with the Rangers in 2011.Thats a lot of money, Lenard said.Lazo, 41, will begin serving the sentence after finishing an unrelated five-year prison term for money laundering in a Medicare fraud case. In the smuggling case, he pleaded guilty in August to extortion conspiracy.The Lazo organization smuggled Cubans by boat to Mexico for $10,000 each, more for the baseball players, according to court documents. They would then usually travel to the U.S. border crossing at Laredo, Texas, and ask to be permitted to stay in the U.S.Under the U.S. wet foot, dry foot policy, Cubans who reach dry land in the U.S. are generally allowed to remain while those intercepted at sea are returned to the communist island. Lazos attorney, William Clay, said many of Lazos customers were overjoyed to make it to the U.S. despite the costs.They had gotten what they bargained for, Clay said.But Assistant U.S. Attorney Ron Davidson said migrants who couldnt pay were held for ransom by armed guards, often threatened and sometimes beaten. Although Lazo himself did not participate in any violence, Davidson said he was well aware it was going on. Ito Smith Jersey. This man is not a freedom fighter, Davidson said.The case also provided a glimpse into how Mexican drug cartels get their cut of the migrant smuggling business. Court documents show that in the Cancun area, the Zetas cartel charges Cuban smugglers $10,000 per boat and up to $3,000 per migrant to allow them to pass through their territory and assist in paying bribes to local officials.No evidence surfaced in the case that Martin or any of the other valuable Cuban ballplayers were mistreated. Only Martin has been identified by name in the Lazo case, but other Cuban stars such as Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig have also been smuggled through Mexico.Aside from being free from Cuba, baseball players from that country have an incentive to go to a third country such as Mexico before signing MLB contracts. If they came directly to the U.S., they would be subject to the MLB draft and likely sign a less lucrative deal. Going to Mexico first makes them free agents looking for the highest bidder.Martin, a speedy outfielder, signed a five-year, $15.5 million contract with the Rangers in 2011. Last year he batted .274 and stole 31 bases.Clay indicated he may appeal Lazos sentence, calling it unreasonable because Lazo offered to co-operate with investigators before he was indicted and had only a limited role in the extortion. For his part, Lazo apologized for his crimes through a Spanish interpreter.I am very repentant and remorseful for the crimes I have committed, Lazo said. I am so sorry I got involved in these issues._____Follow Curt Anderson on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Miamicurt Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '