Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-day disabled list and started in centre field. He took th
PITTSBURGH -- Andrew McCutchen has a broken bone in his ribcage wo days after being hit by a pitch, but the Pittsburgh Pirates centre fielder and last years NL MVP hopes to avoid going on the disabled list. Jordan 11 Retro Cheap . McCutchen left in the eighth inning of Sundays loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks at Phoenix after feeling pain in his side when he swung at a pitch. He had to be helped down the dugout steps to the clubhouse and also needed help getting dressed after the game. McCutchen said he couldnt be sure that getting hit might have caused the injury but wouldnt rule it out. "I dont know but Ive taken a million swings and have never felt anything in my side until Sunday," McCutchen said. McCutchen was hit in the back by a pitch from Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Randal Delgado on Saturday night. Though Delgado said the pitch got away from him, the Pirates suspected it was payback for Diamondbacks star first baseman Paul Goldschmidt suffering a season-ending broken left hand a night earlier when hit by a pitch from Pittsburgh reliever Ernesto Frieri. "Im not going to play today and Im not going to play tomorrow but well see after that," McCutchen said Tuesday. "Two days ago, I couldnt even bend down to put my shoes on. Now, I can ... get dressed like normal, so Im getting better." While McCutchen was not in the lineup for Tuesday nights game against the Miami Marlins, the Pirates are waiting before making a decision on whether he needs to on the DL. Starling Marte, normally the Pirates left fielder, was activated from the 7-day disabled list and started in centre field. He took the roster spot of third baseman Pedro Alvarez, who was placed on the bereavement list. That left the Pirates a man short. Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said the Pirates medical staff is having difficulty putting a timetable on McCutchens return because the injury is a rarity in baseball. "They are trying to get as much information as they can," Hurdle said. "At this point were weighing whether Andrew might be able to come back in less than 15 days against playing a man short. For now, were going to wait and keep him on the active roster." Discount Air Jordan 11 . Observant Muslims avoid food and liquids from dawn to dusk during Ramadan but can, and often do, skip it if travelling or doing hard physical labour. Some devout Muslim athletes choose to fast during training or competition, but it can create selection difficulties for the coaches in team sports. Jordan 11 For Sale Cheap Real . Kerber will next play Estonias Kaia Kanepi, who beat American qualifier Victoria Duval 6-1, 6-3. In other first-round matches, Lucie Safarova beat 2010 French Open champion Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 6-4 and American Bethanie Mattek-Sands had a 6-4, 6-3 win over Canadas Eugenie Bouchard. http://www.cheapairjordan11.net/ . Louis and Ryan Kesler have demanded to be traded.DENVER - Jack Elway, the son of Denver Broncos general manager John Elway, has pleaded not guilty to charges that he assaulted his girlfriend and pulled her from a car by her hair. Court records show 24-year-old John Albert Elway entered the plea on Wednesday. He was charged with assault and disturbing the peace after the Saturday incident near a college campus in downtown Denver. Police reports sshow Elways girlfriend told officers he shoved her to the ground when she tried to get back into the car, causing scrapes. Air Jordan 11 Cheap Sale. Police say Elway then fled the scene. He is free after posting $550 bond. His attorney, Harvey Steinberg, did not immediately return a call for comment. A Broncos spokesman says the case is a personal family matter. A trial is scheduled for August. ' ' '