END Gaming ZRP
as they missed the mark on 11 of their 14 3-point tries - Printable Version

+- END Gaming ZRP (https://www.endgaming.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.endgaming.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.endgaming.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: as they missed the mark on 11 of their 14 3-point tries (/showthread.php?tid=14229)

as they missed the mark on 11 of their 14 3-point tries - wh3171 - 11-09-2019

Gerrie Nel, lawyer for the prosecution, finally got the opportunity hes been waiting for: cross-examining Oscar Pistorius. Wholesale NHL Jerseys China . And he didnt waste any time getting down to business. In what was a relentless cross-examination, Nel set the stage early: Nel: "You killed a person. You killed Reeva Steenkamp, thats what you did. You shot and killed her. "Say Yes - say I killed Reeva Steenkamp." Pistorius: "I have a responsibility to Reeva and myself to tell the truth." Nel: "You will not hide things from the court." Pistorius: "Im human, I have faults, I have sins. Im a Christian. The Lord came down to this world for people who have sinned." Nel: "As a Christian you will not lie." And so the most critical confrontation of this trial began: seasoned litigator Nel versus Olympic double amputee Pistorius. Here are the key points covered in this first day of cross-examination. Pistorius: Intent To Kill Pistorius testified that not only did he not intend to shoot Steenkamp, he didnt intend to shoot anyone. Heres what he said, and as youll see, he made sure he was clear about it: Pistorius: "The discharge was accidental. I believed there was someone in the toilet coming out to attack me. I never intended to shoot anyone ... I went to the bathroom and felt in danger. I didnt have much time to think. I just discharged my firearm. I didnt intend to shoot someone. I shot out of fear. I didnt shoot at someone. I didnt intend to kill anyone...I didnt have time to think about what I was doing. I had finger on my trigger. I didnt intend to shoot anyone. I fired before I had a moment to comprehend what was happening." Nel: "Was the only way out for you to shoot an intruder?" Pistorius: "I didnt have time to think or not think about shooting an intruder. My life was in danger and I was worried what could happen to Reeva. People had been tied up on the estate before. Before thinking I fired four shots. When I realised the scale of what was happening I stopped firing. It was an accident, the way I discharged the firearm. I didnt intend to shoot." This is a massively important piece of testimony for Pistorius and a critical component of the trial. Heres why. Pistorius can still be convicted of murder if it can be shown that he intended to kill - period. It doesnt matter who - just that he intended to kill someone and that the force he used was disproportionately excessive given the circumstances. Remember, in order to make out the charge of murder against Pistorius, it must be shown that he had the requisite intent to kill and followed through on that intent. If convicted of murder, he would face 15 years in prison. So he wants to avoid a murder conviction and look to settle on a lesser charge of culpable homicide, which means killing someone by accident. If convicted on culpable homicide, he would likely only go to jail for five to 10 years. So despite firing four shots through a locked bathroom door at 3am, Pistorius repeatedly declared that he "didnt intend to shoot anyone" and the discharge was an "accident". These statements are designed to establish that Pistorius lacked the intent needed to make out a conviction of murder. Its not enough to say he didnt intend to shoot Steenkamp; he needs to say that he didnt intend to shoot anyone. Pistorius testimony shows that he was well prepared by his lawyers. He hit on the key legal points in ordinary English. However, the issue of plausibility remains. As Nel pointed out, "was the only way out for you to shoot the intruder?". For example, he could have grabbed Steenkamp and fled. This is the most important element from Day 1 of the cross-examination of Pistorius. Zombie Stopper Nel was relentless in his cross-examination. In part, that was designed to try and break Pistorius and push him to admit he intended to kill Steenkamp. One way Nel tried to apply pressure on Pistorius was by presenting the Melon Video. The video was also produced because it helped paint Pistorius as reckless and gun-crazed. In the video, Pistorius and friends blow up melons with guns and Pistorius is heard saying this: "Its a lot softer than brain but its like a zombie stopper." This was followed by Nels blunt question: Nel: "One can see the effect the ammunition had on a water melon. It exploded. You know the same thing happened to Reevas head?" Reconstruction or Reworked Evidence Nel also focused on inconsistencies in Pistorius statement to police right after the death of Steenkamp. Nel accused Pistorius of "reconstructing" or "reworking" his evidence. For example, in Pistorius bail application, he said that he went to the balcony to retrieve a fan. However, on the stand today he denied that. While some of these inconsistencies may not seem important, Nel told Pistorius they were in fact not "insignificant" as they show "you are lying." Before the trial was adjourned for the day, Nel made a point of referring to todays testimony as "Day 1" of the cross-examination of Pistorius. This suggests that the cross may continue for days. Indeed, there is more in store for the most critical witness of this trial. NHL Jerseys China . The game had many controversial incidents that, upon closer inspection, were not as controversial as many believed. The Formations Toronto FC lined up in its usual 4-4-2 formation, with Nick Hagglund slotting in at right fullback and Bradley Orr at centreback in place of the injured Mark Bloom and Steven Caldwell, respectively. NHL Jerseys Outlet . Casey Janssen was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday due to a strain in his left abdominal area and lower back. https://www.chinanhljerseys.us/ . Sizemore, who turned 29 on Jan. 4, has been limited to six games over the past two seasons because of an injured left knee that twice required surgery. He originally got hurt on Feb. 25, 2012, during a fielding drill in Oaklands first full-squad spring training workout and had surgery that March 21 to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament.South Bend, IN (SportsNetwork.com) - The 19th-ranked Michigan State Spartans have come calling on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Michigan State is 5-2 on the young season, and the team is hoping for a return to the win column after dropping a 61-56 decision to Kansas on Sunday to close out the Orlando Classic. The Spartans had won their previous four outings, with their only other setback coming in an 81-71 final versus Duke on Nov. 18. Notre Dame has won six of its first seven games, including the last two against inferior foes Grambling State (81-54) and Chicago State (90-42). The Fighting Irish are 5-0 at home this season, but they havent really been tested, save for a 75-74 loss to Providence on a neutral court four days before Thanksgiving. Notre Dame owns a 59-35 lead in the all-time series with Michigan State, but this is the first meeting between the two since an 80-68 triumph for the Spartans in the 1979 NCAA Championship Mideast Regional title game. MSU has won eight of the last 11 matchups overall. Despite losing to a pair of teams currently residing in the Top-25, Michigan State has performed well at both ends of the court this season. The team is producing 73.3 ppg in hitting 48.6 percent of its total shots, which includes a 42.1 percent showing from 3-point range. Defensively, the club in allowing a mere 59.7 ppg, with foes connecting on only 37.4 percent of their field goal attempts, including 29.8 percent from beyond the arc. Travis Trice (16.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 5.9 apg), Denzel Valentine (14.4 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 3.7 apg) and Branden Dawson (10.2 ppg, 7.8 rpg) are all averaging double figures in the scoring column, while serving valuable roles in other areas as well. Trice and Valenttine both hit for 14 points in the recent loss to Kansas, but the team as a whole managed just a 32. Clearance NHL Jerseys. 2 percent shooting effort. Trice and Dawson went a combined 7-of-29 from the floor, but the Spartans did play well defensively in limiting the Jayhawks to 37.0 percent field goal efficiency, as they missed the mark on 11 of their 14 3-point tries. MSU lost the battle on the boards (44-36), and was outscored at the foul line (18-12). Notre Dame has been an offensive force in the early stages of the 2014-15 campaign, as it is putting up 86.3 ppg in knocking down 58 percent of its field goal attempts, which includes a 43 percent showing from 3-point land. Add in a defensive stand that holds the opposition to 56.9 ppg on typical shooting outputs of only .375 overall and .271 from beyond the arc, and its little wonder Mike Breys club is off to such a fast start. Jerian Grant is averaging 18.4 ppg as one of four double-digit scorers for the Irish, but he is much more than a scorer as he already has 50 assists (7.1 per game). Zac Auguste (15.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg) and Pat Connaughton (13.7 ppg, 7.7 rpg) have performed well at both ends of the court. Grant used a 6-of-8 showing from 3-point range to compile 26 points, while Connaughton hit three treys to tack on 17 more, as Notre Dame had very little trouble dispatching visiting Chicago State last Saturday. In all, four players reached double figures for the Irish, who shot 58.5 percent from the floor, draining 14 3-pointers along the way. As for Chicago State, it made good on only 30.9 percent of its total shots, which included a dismal 5-of-23 performance from long range. The visitors also attempted only four free throws, while getting battered on the boards, 39-26. ' ' '