MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Johnny's Moderator Application - Printable Version
END Gaming ZRP
Johnny's Moderator Application - Printable Version

+- END Gaming ZRP (https://www.endgaming.org)
+-- Forum: GMod - ZombieRP (https://www.endgaming.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://www.endgaming.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://www.endgaming.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+---- Thread: Johnny's Moderator Application (/showthread.php?tid=93)

Johnny's Moderator Application - JohnnyA - 02-03-2016

Section 1: Credentials

This section tells you about who I am.

RP Name: Johnny A Aka Big Foot
Steam Name (at present): Lucifer|Trade.TF|
Steam ID (eg: STEAM_1:2:3456789): 

Country of Residence: America
Languages I can 'meet & greet' in: English, Spanish
Languages I am fluent in:English

My (written) English on a scale of 1-10:8.5

My Date of Birth:01/12/2000
Current Education (if applicable):Up to 10th grade high school education
Do you have a microphone? No.

Describe yourself & your personality in 150 characters:
A person with general acceptance of most things. I like to do things strictly by the book, I stick to it as close as possible. 
The only time this trait dosen't show is when I feel someone is being cheated or justice which was dealt wasn't severe enough. I enjoy video games and I do not take "It's just a game lightly", I strive to for the next moment and live to try and be the best in this one, so summing this short piece of myself up - I play by the rules til the rules don't work anymore. Well I can have  temper at times to be honest but most of the time I keep my composure and work things out. I respect people if they respect me and when needs be, even when they don't. I highly appreciate being trusted as it gives me a chance to show that I can excel in what I do.

Section 2: Experience Profile
This section tells you about my experience with communities.

Communities I have administrated/moderated in the past:
I was an admin on HL2DM RP's throughout 2009-2013, while these servers may have been normal rp and on hl2 this also gives me experience with problem solving with some relation to gmod rps in general.

My Summary of 'Zombie RP' and the basic rules in at least 100 words:
A changed version of DarkRp, that allows players to play the role of friend or foe to others in a generally devastated rp environment. With many situations being unique it is easy to enjoy and easy to learn. It is very playable for new people, straight forward and enjoyable, while also being challenging in many aspects. This mod challenges your building skills as people will try to rob you blind and zombies will be a threat against getting your valuables across a map to store/sell/give away. 

How long I have played Garry's Mod: I have played since 2013 across 3 accounts.
How long I have played a RP Gamemode, such as DarkRP, ZombieRP, PERP, etc.(approximately): Almost the same amount of time I have played gmod so about 2 years.
How long I have played at E.N.D. Gaming (approximately): Only an hour on my other account and 2 days on this  account.

How long I can play the server for per week (approximately): Mondays - Fridays 5 hours per day, Saturday - Sunday 8 -9 hours per day.

How long I pledge to play as 'Staff on Duty' for per week (approximately): At least 15

Size
Section 3: Relationship with Users

This section tells you about how I will communicate with other users and present myself in the public.

Why is it important to give respect to our patrons, even if they don't respect you? (at least 50 words)
Respect helps maintain a connection to players while also being a good staff member.

Why is it important to use correct grammar in the public? (at least 50 words)
This shows I am intelligent and serious about what I do in this server, aswell as showing my superiors I am capable of more than my current position if I ever wish to be promoted (which I don't). This also promotes a better message about the staff of this server, aswell as showing my readiness as a worker to improve myself.

In a democratic environment, why is it important to respect everyone's opinion? (at least 25 words)
To make a successful government or democratic environment it is important to respect everyone's opinion because the people create the environment. Whose opinion you respect more than others will judge who feels value and who will stay, this is why it is important to value all opinions to keep a balanced, fun and unoffensive game experience that everyone can enjoy.
How will I aim to maintain professionalism everywhere?
I will use proper grammar, respect fellow staff, treat players how they should be treatead, use the correct warns, ban times, kick reasons and be a fair moderator.

Section 4: My Past
This section discusses bans I have had in the past (if any) and what I have done to ensure that I no longer infringe upon the rules.

If you have never been punished for in game/forum offenses - please skip this section.

How many times have you been banned/warned before? 3 warns

If you have, please explain what happened.
I revenge rdmed someone.
I rdmed a person for constant taunting, pestering, breaking in without calling a raid, propclimbing, shooting my doors and attempting to open them then constantly pulling the knob.
A new player dropped my piano on his on head, the admin didn't see it, the new player said I dropped it on his head.
Shorty after I was warned and kicked due to it being my 3rd warn.

Why I now realize that it is important to have strong knowledge of the rules and follow them religiously:
It can lead to bans from amazing servers like this one, and if not followed carefully and precisely can lead to misunderstandings and bad relations between a pair or group of people.

Why I am sorry, and it will not happen again:
I realize that revenge rdming only leads to trouble for me and not justice for both me and the rdmer.
It will not happen again because I now have full knowledge of the rules, and understand to contact an admin instead of taking matters into my own hands when I cannot handle the situation.

Section 5: My knowledge of the rules
This section explains the RP rules.

What is RDM? Give an example.
RDM = Random Deathmatch
Timmy has a gun Johnny wants, Johnny shoots Timmy and takes the gun. OR A person walks up to another for no specified reason or job circumstance and kills them.
What is NLR? Give an example.
NLR= New Life Rule
You cannot return or interact with any places, items, or people from your last life for the next 3 minutes, you also forget everything that happened up to that point.
What is Prop Abuse? Give an example.
Dropping a piano on someones head, pushing a person's car off a cliff or killing zombies, players, pushing npcs or destroying cars with props and/or job items. - such as pianos

Section 6: Why I should be a staff member:
This section is me selling myself to you for my qualities and promises on how I will moderate effectively and fairly.

Why would I be unique in what I do? (40 words minimum)
I would be on consistantly maintain at least 5 hours a day during the week and on the weekends atleast 7 a day, I would also be on extremely late on unusual days such as mondays and sundays, essencially working the grave yard shift.

Why the community would appreciate & trust me in this role (60 words minimum):
If new players join late at night instead of them being frusturated and leaving without seeing atleast  3 hours worth of the server, I could prevent this, as I often am up late I would catch them ask them if they were new and show them around and give a small tutorial. I also donated 10$ 2 days into playing the server I'm trying to show dedication as this is the only server I have been on in gmod for  a week.

If I could make a change to E.N.D. Gaming, it would be: The player limit, the donator packs, and the weapon packs and models chosen to be used in the game.

RE: Johnny's Moderator Application - Reaper Ravenpaw - 02-03-2016

Sooo....You're a hot headed piece of work that takes matters into his own hands when a punishment isnt severe enough for your liking. Also have only been here for two days.

At least you're being honest. I commend that.

Get some more playtime in, cool your anger, and try again later.

Denied.